REASONS YOU COULD HAVE LOST A FOLLOWER:
- Someone deleted a blog
- Someone left your fandom
- Someone is overwhelmed by their dash
- Someone doesn’t appreciate you [GOODBYE AND GOOD LUCK]
- Someone needs to take some time away and can’t be tempted by your blog
- They don’t like something you love (yes, it’s okay, man! This is why we create the dash we want)
- They feel more comfortable keeping a slow dash and stalking others
- Tumblr is a dick sometimes
Not reasons you lost a follower:
- You suck
Stop worrying. I am not kidding, dudes, stop worrying, stop commenting, know that we all create the dash we want, know that we don’t delete a blog with the hope of having someone feel sad that they are down a follower. Know that it’s better to post what makes YOU happy than what makes others happy.
That insanely popular blog you love too? It loses followers every day.
That underrated oc? It does too. But the people who stay are the ones who matter the most to that one person.
If you value the loss of people who don’t stay over the loyalty of the people who do, you’re missing the point.
I get it. It hurts. But take a step back. Remember why you are here. Think about the people who love you. They are going nowhere.
- Fundraising mysteriously ends for the Ferguson police officer who killed Michael Brown: http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-ferguson-officer-fundraisers-20140831-story.html …
- GoFundMe told me they were not responsible for shutting down the Officer Darren Wilson donations: http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-ferguson-officer-fundraisers-20140831-story.html …
- Little information has been given to donors about who is running one anonymous Darren Wilson fundraising effort: http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-ferguson-officer-fundraisers-20140831-story.html …
This is a simple text based game where you play as a young trans person trying to buy some underwear. I made it with the intention of showing cis people what it’s like to be trans. You can play as a trans girl, trans boy, or a nonbinary person. It’s short, so you can play it multiple times for different paths. There are several paths, some better, some worse; if you’re easily triggered by dysphoria or transphobia, you may want to avoid this game. Some paths are safer than others, depending on how well you pass (surprise, surprise). TW for homophobic/transphobic slurs, transphobia/transmisogyny, slurs, misgendering, and possible violence.
I did this just to see how relatable it was, and holy shit it was like someone put me back in the spots i was in only a year ago. My heart is racing shit.
ow… my everything hurts…
Hey all my cis followers: this is instructive. Go play it.
i had to go to the store to buy tampons and i went up to the checker with them obviously looking like i was gonna die and he’s like “your girl’s time of the month bro? i know the feeling, better get these back to her quick” and i’m just walking out of the store like “i-i- I passed?!”
THIS IS SO FUCKING IMPORTANT!
black ballerina excellence
So gorgeous and elegant
Why is this important? i see a girl doing ballet, stop outlining difference, its important we just admire the skills, and afore mentioned ellegance
First of all shut the fuck up and have several seats
and heres why in Michaela’s own words what she had to go through beig BLACK and still goes through
When she was around 8 and rehearsing for The Nutcracker, just a few days before the performance she was told, “I’m sorry, you can’t do it. America’s not ready for a black girl ballerina.”
For Michaela, “to say this to an 8-year-old is just devastating. It was terrible.”
When she was 9, a teacher told her mother: “I don’t like to put money into black dancers because they grow up and end up having big boobs and big hips.”
The dancer looked down at her petite figure and protested, “I don’t have boobs. I don’t get it.”
Instead of getting her down, “It makes me more determined,” she said. “Because I’ve been through so much, I know now that I can make it and I can help other kids who have been in really bad situations realize that they can make it too.”
This is why it is important, for little Black girls to see a black ballerina made it despite being discriminated against because of her skin color!!!
FALSE. Fathers who ask for sole custody are far more likely to get it. It’s just that they don’t ask, mostly women do. Men win custody over women even if they are ostensibly unfit. More and more, judges and parents rule in favor of 50/50 custody. In fact, in the past ten years, the men’s rights movement has been devastating to women seeking custody in court and women are awarded sole custody about half as many times as men.
So find a new fucking myth.
Things I want to see more of in media
- Autistic characters using stim toys
- Autistic characters wearing noise cancelling headphones
- Autistic characters having accurately presented sensory overloads that aren’t portrayed as “immature” or “irrational”
- Autistic characters who aren’t portrayed as socially inept freaks
- Autistic characters who aren’t turned into punchlines to shitty offensive jokes
- Positive, non-stigmatized autistic representation